All foreign (non-Israeli) nationals need a passport to enter Israel. For an up-to-date country-by-country listing of passport requirements around the world, go to the “Foreign Entry Requirements” page of the U.S. State Department website at

*Please Note: Israel does not stamp your passport, instead, they give you a card containing all your personal information. This rule applies to tourists who enter either overland or by air. It is important that you keep this card in your wallet (it is about the size of a credit card), at all times during your stay.

Border Control Card

For updated information for Immigrations and Customs in Israel

Embassy in Israel:

Americans living or traveling in Israel (Holyland) are encouraged to register with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate through the State Department’s Travel Registration web site , and to obtain updated information on travel and security issues. Americans without Internet access may register directly with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. By registering, American citizens make it easier for the Embassy or Consulate to contact them in cases of emergency.

U.S. Embassy, Israel
71 Hayarkon Street
Tel Aviv


U.S. Embassy, Israel
27 Nablus Rd.
Jerusalem 94190
Telephone: (972) (0) 2-622-7216
Fax: (972) (0) 2-627-2233

Emergency Telephone Numbers in Israel (Holyland):
Emergency Police: 100
Ambulance/Medical: 101
Fire Service: 102

For Additional Information About Your Destination:
Please visit the official tourism website as follows:
US Offices for Israel: Washington Dc: 3514 International Dr. N.W. Washington DC 20008 ~ Tel. (202) 364-5500

Leave a Reply