Pack light! You’ll be toting your own luggage around at airports and hotels, so bring only what you need. You will be on a 10 day tour with no chance to do laundry, so bring only what you need and remember it will get heavier once you buy gifts and souvenirs!
Since we will be going in May, you will still need a warm jacket, hat and gloves. Just like here, it gets cooler at night. You may also want to bring a hat for the daytime adventures. Just as here in the states, skirts and shorts are inappropriate for many religious activities and sites. Just be respectful.
On the plane you will want to wear loose-fitting clothes and pack a pair of slippers to wear for the flight, as well as a lightweight jacket. Make sure your shoes are lace-up, as your feet may (will) swell a little.
One of the things to bring with you is a good attitude ready for learning and walking, and good walking shoes are the most important item to pack.
General Clothing for Men:
Jeans, casual slacks, short and/or long sleeve shirts, socks, undergarments, and light jacket or coat.
General Clothing for Women:
Jeans, long skirts, casual dresses, casual slacks, short and/or long sleeve, socks, undergarments, and a light jacket or sweater is suggested. Women should bring a shawl or sarong which can be placed conveniently in their day bag, so that they may drape their shoulders, or tie around their waists in the more religious sites.
Rather than give you a detailed packing list, review these websites for general information:
A rosary, a new testament, a journal, a good attitude, and good walking shoes all will make your trip a success.
- Passport* must be valid 6 months after return date (no visa for: US, Australia, Canada, European Union)
- All medicines (including copies of prescriptions)
- Prescription glasses/contact lens supplies
- Cash/ ATM Card/Credit Card
- Adapter for electrical appliances
- Camera, charger/batteries
- Flashlight or penlight
- Inflatable head & neck rest, eye mask, foam earplugs (for flight
- Plastic bags for wet or dirty clothes
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Toiletries (Soap-small bar travel size, Shampoo-travel size or put some in a small container (don’t carry big bottle!) , Toothbrush & Toothpaste-travel size, Deodorant-travel size, Chapstick, Comb/Brush , Aspirin/Advil, Etc. Feminine protection, Laxative/Imodium, several band-aids, Dramamine or Bonine – if subject to motion sickness, Pepto Bismol- tablets, Sominex, Allergy/cold medicine; tablets (put medicines in a ziplock sandwich bag)
- if you don’t have a cell phone, Iphone, Blackberry- bring an alarm clock